Tuesday , September 21 2021

The frightened Glasgow woman shares a picture of the giant spider she thinks gave her an infected arm



A Glasgow bartender spoke of his shock after catching a huge spider that had broken into his home and asking for help to identify it.

Gemma Thomson from Moss Park Afraid that the scary slip is the same culprit who bit her about three months ago and left her aching and sore arm – which is still causing discomfort.

The 28-year-old, who is “very scared” of spiders, saw him watching TV with his partner a few days ago and said it was the “biggest” he had ever seen. Daily records were reported.

Apply for something Newsletter Langsung Glasgow additional headlines directly in your inbox

He said, “We were watching TV in the living room on Thursday night. It was dark, but I could see him running through the carpet under the TV lamps. I jumped on the couch. I can’t stand spiders anyway. I’m very scared of them.

“My colleague ran over, grabbed a glass and put it on. We both went to the kitchen. When we returned, the spider pulled one of his legs out from under the glass. He tried to escape.

A Glasgow bar clerk asked for help identifying a “giant” spider caught in his home.

“Her body was about two inches when her legs were folded. It can be three inches with straight legs. Her legs are really long, but she’s holding her fang. It could be the biggest spider I’ve ever seen. “

Despite trying to identify various applications for the spider, neither Gemma nor her partner could figure out what the spider was and was worried that there might be unusually large spiders in their home.

He said, “I hope someone can tell me what a spider it is. About three months ago, something bit my arm and got infected. So I went to the doctor three or four times and was given antibiotics.

– He’s still sick and sometimes infected to this day. Doctors said it was probably an insect bite, but they were not sure what type of bite it was. He had never seen such an infected normal bite. I asked me. if only a spider could bite.

“My neighbors were shocked when I showed them the photo. We do not get such spiders here. I’m afraid there are more people at home. “

dr. Geoff Oxford of the British Arachnological Society told The Record that he thought the spider could be a mansion spider.

And he also says that spiders are often blamed for bites that are actually caused by something else.

dr. Oxford said, “This could be one species of the great Eratigena house spider. Spiders are usually not aggressive, and most suspicious spider bites are caused by something completely different. “


Source link